I’ve loved chocolate more than pretty much anything in this life for as long as I’ve been able to remember, but peanut butter I only met at university thanks to my flatmates – one liked peanut butter so much she drunkenly sang a song about it. When I then met chocolate alongside peanut butter I was sold. A Peanut Butter Kit Kat Chunky is my go to chocolate bar treat and I’d fallen in love with the GoMacro ‘healthy’ equivalent. I’m sad to say that they seem to have disappeared and so I came up with my own health PB and chocolate fix. Meet my little no-bake creation. Fantastic is a strong word, but in this case it is accurate. What is better that unlike so many other no bake healthy treats you don’t need a food processor to create these little babies, all you need is a will of iron not to eat them all at once.
To make 6 bars you need:
- Half a cup of Rolled Oats
- Half a cup of Chunky Peanut Butter – Meridien is my favourite and the better quality and more natural the peanut butter you buy then the better to be honest. The ingredients really shouldn’t be much more than nuts and a small amount of salt
- 3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 50g of very dark chocolate broken into chips (I like 81% but feel free to drop down to 70% if you find that a little too intense)
Simply melt the peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil over a very gentle heat, stir in the oats and finally the chocolate. Literally, that’s it. Press into a tin and freeze for around 20 minutes before slicing up and storing in the fridge.