I first posted this recipe about a year ago as a healthy solution to Christmas leftovers that doesn’t mean ten rounds of Turkey and bread sauce sandwiches, but I was inspired to update it when I received my Muscle Food box of goodies.
To recap, Muscle Food is an online company selling a high quality selection of protein products – from steaks to shakes and spreads and supplements.
By using Muscle Food’s extra lean chicken breasts as well as coconut milk, brown rice, spinach and turmeric this is a really nutritious, healthy and balanced meal that is filling, comforting and far tastier than any takeaway curry.
If you fancy creating this recipe then use the code PW251398 when you complete your Muscle Food order and you’ll get four chicken breasts.
I always create more food than I need so I can have portions for a lunch box, or to freeze for the future. The quantities below serve four hungry mouths:
4 Extra Lean Chicken Breasts, diced
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon of Mild Curry Powder
1-2 teaspoons of Turmeric
½ a teaspoon of Chili Flakes
1 tin of Coconut Milk
1 tablespoon of dessicated coconut
2 Handfuls of Spinach
Serve with: coriander, brown rice
- Simply fry the onion and garlic in the coconut oil for 4 minutes until the onion is turning translucent
- Add the diced chicken and cook over a gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked
- Stir in the spices and then the coconut milk and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Stir in the dessicated coconut and the spinach and simmer for another 5 minutes
- Serve with fresh coriander on top and on a bed of brown rice